Micah 6:6-8

"But he's already made it plain how to live, what to do, what GOD is looking for in men and women. It's quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor, be compassionate and loyal in your love, And don't take yourself too seriously-take God seriously."







Tuesday, July 29, 2008

some info

I stumbled upon this the other day through another mom's blog. This was also on Good Morning America, you can click on that clip from this one as well. I knew to keep Natalie rear facing to one, but I had no idea that she needed to be in a five point harness past forty pounds, I didn't know they made car seats this big either. Just an FYI for all my favorite mommys out there.

3 comments:

Mommy of 2 said...

Allison,

Thank you so much for checking out my blog and for praying for me. I really appreciate it!

Natalie is so cute. You have some really good pictures of her on your blog. I enjoy reading your blog.

I have some really good pictures of our kids that I would like to post on my blog, but I don't know how to get them off our digital camera and on to our computer so that I can download them. I guess I need to have Jason show me how. He is the computer savvy person in our house, not me.

Talk to you later.
Janese

Anonymous said...

As the video touched on, booster seats and regular seat belts while possibly legal for your child, are not always the safest alternative.

We have training on installation of child seats and can actually carry a certification with the state.

Most car seat manufacturers and accident reconstructionists will tell you that a person in general (not necessarily a child) is not proportioned to properly wear a seat belt with or without a booster seat until they are at least 80 pounds or 4'9''. I have seen this category include children as old as 12 and even some adults.

This has to do with the person's weight properly activating the restraining mechanism on the belt and having proper posture in the seat.

It is also best to always buy your car seat new and replace it after an accident. Always follow the directions on the seat. If you are in an accident and your car is repaired also make sure the mechanic replaces the seat belts that were used during the crash. They are only rated for one accident and insurance companies are aware of this. They should include the cost in their estimate.

Ok, off my soapbox

Tell my neice I love her.

Brock

Anonymous said...

Let me clarify, seat belts are safest for people 80 pounds AND 4'9''

Brock