Micah 6:6-8

"But he's already made it plain how to live, what to do, what GOD is looking for in men and women. It's quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor, be compassionate and loyal in your love, And don't take yourself too seriously-take God seriously."







Monday, August 03, 2009

One of the best weddings...

One of my good friends got married on Saturday. No stress. No chaos. Just the bride and groom, the preacher, two witnesses, and two kids. We all arrived at the park, surveyed the land and our bride picked the picture perfect spot. Right under the shade of giant Florida tress with the river in the background, they got married. In ten minutes all was complete and everyone was smiling.

I watched them laugh and soak up the moment. I watched the bride stare at her new husband and manage to look at moss with her son in the same second. I smiled myself as we convinced her little boy to stand still for a picture. I watched the groom, with his eyes fixed on his bride the entire time; probably because no one was there to distract them. Everyone over eighteen had a place to sign on the marriage certificate. As I autographed my name, I thought, this is probably exactly how it is supposed to be. No distractions. Just each other and the commitment of a lifetime. It is without a doubt, one of my favorite weddings.

Our couple hasn't seen the pictures yet, so I'll just show you a few of our family before the wedding. I tried to seize the moment and actually get a decent maternity shot with Natalie. I know you all may be tired of the orange dress, but it's the only one that works right now. So here are a few pictures:




2 comments:

Sunshinejr said...

I think you look cute...hang in there...i can't waite for him to get here though and see him. I also can't waite to see photo of the wedding. Natalie is going to be a great big sister

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful picture! I want one for sure. We love you
KK