Micah 6:6-8

"But he's already made it plain how to live, what to do, what GOD is looking for in men and women. It's quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor, be compassionate and loyal in your love, And don't take yourself too seriously-take God seriously."







Saturday, March 14, 2009

The saga of a Duck-Part 1




Tuesday morning I walked to the house after a long day at work. I noticed an egg laying just inside the mulch right beside our front door. We have dozens of ducks in our neighborhood who enjoy splashing in the retention pond down the street. This is clearly a duck egg. Why on earth would that stupid duck lay an egg here? We are in and out of this door all the time. Our dogs look out this window and bark like crazy at the ducks. Why here?

Wednesday morning. Two eggs.

Thursday morning. Three eggs...and the duck. I drop stuff on the sidewalk. I make noise. I stare at the eggs. I try my best to communicate this is not a good place for a nest. The duck simply stares at me. "Why here?" I ask her...no response.

Friday morning. Four eggs.

Friday night. We have company, several couples from our church are coming over for dinner. Each couple is greeted by two ducks in our front yard doing the urban duck love dance. Great.

Saturday morning. Five eggs.

How many eggs do mutant ducks lay? I have no idea. But, I'm pretty sure we'll find out by Easter.

4 comments:

Pastor Wife said...

I can't wait to read saga - part II. Did you name this duck...one you can put into print? :)

Heather said...

I want footage of the urbane duck dance...I know you have a video camera...get to capturing.

The Hendersons said...

this post just "quacked" me up!

Sunshinejr said...

Well, even Ducks have to have som peace and quiet when they have their babies and of coarse do whatever else they want to do. hahaha lololol.. I just love seeing duckies in the natural habitat. lolol