Micah 6:6-8

"But he's already made it plain how to live, what to do, what GOD is looking for in men and women. It's quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor, be compassionate and loyal in your love, And don't take yourself too seriously-take God seriously."







Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Saga of a Duck Part- Tre



So the story continues with our nice friends and neighbors visiting us on Sunday. Robert, Emily, and their daughter, Avery come by the house and feed our "mommy duck." I feel slightly guilty as I haven't offered this little mother to be the slightest scrap of food. Natalie watched as Robert fed her and sure enough, we feed her once a day now too. She is shedding feathers on top of the eggs so we have no idea how many eggs there are. A lot is my best guess. Far more then the baby I'm carrying. Of course mommy duck will be done raising these babies by the time I birth mine so maybe a lot isn't so bad for her after all. Anyways, here is a video of Natalie feeding her tonight. Mommy duck still chirps at me, glares at me, and can make me feel a bit uneasy. All who know me know that I'm not a fan of anything with wings. I think she has sensed this about me. But, little Natalie, well she'll just eat out of Natalie's hand...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Allison,
Absolutely precious. I have always enjoyed reading your blog, but now I find myself checking frequently for updates on the saga off the duck. Good luck.
Judi Carter

Unknown said...

Allison,
Absolutely precious. I have always enjoyed reading your blog, but now I find myself checking frequently for updates on the saga of the duck. Good luck.
Judi Carter

Anonymous said...

Natalie's grandparents do feel better knowing she is sanatized!
What a cute little girl she is.
Pap-Paw and KK

Maggie79* said...

Yay! I love Mommy Duck. *Ben finally gave me a link to your blog. Natalie is so cute feeding Mommy Duck. You all Have to post baby duck pictues or video for us when they hatch!

Maggie

Anonymous said...

Allison, I noticed the duck nesting near the door when I visited your home the other day. I can't say that I thought it was precious...I was sort of wondering why she was there, so close to the front door in the mulch. Robin showed me the video & now I know Moma Duck, and see she is really like another family pet, at least for now. Its good to know that someone still has enough heart to share thier front walkway with a nesting duck. BH