Micah 6:6-8

"But he's already made it plain how to live, what to do, what GOD is looking for in men and women. It's quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor, be compassionate and loyal in your love, And don't take yourself too seriously-take God seriously."







Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Duck Saga-Part Dos

Eight eggs now people. Eight.

Tonight on my way in the door I noticed this other duck approaching what I now refer to as "our" nest. I told this stranger duck to "shoo, go on, get away." Momma duck, who is sitting on her eggs, looks at me and quietly chirps. Not quacks, this is, after all, a mutant duck that swims in a retention pond.

Mommy duck looks at me, looks at the other duck and chirps again. I say, "OHHH, is this their daddy? Do you want him here? I see. Well, okay."

She chirps again and looks away.

I realize I just had a conversation with a duck.

And after the crazy day with some of my hospice patients, I decided it was the most logical conversation I'd had all day.

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

That's okay I talk to the lizards in my neighborhood. I say don't come in my house or else you'll end up in the trash can like your buddy did!

megan said...

oh my gosh...this is so funny...can't wait until they hatch!! LOL