Micah 6:6-8

"But he's already made it plain how to live, what to do, what GOD is looking for in men and women. It's quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor, be compassionate and loyal in your love, And don't take yourself too seriously-take God seriously."







Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Random thoughts before work.

So I need to switch over to my laptop and complete paperwork from yesterday. I really don't want to. It's been so incredibly busy at hospice the last month that it's hard to keep up with it all.

I'm also a little sad. One of my patients died early this morning. I know, I work for hospice, this is to be expected. There are certain patients, although quite rare, that I find myself missing when they are gone. Some patients just grab my attention differently then others and he was certainly one of them. He and his wife are very strong Christians. They were good witnesses to our team and opened some great conversations. Their approach very direct, some were put off, but everyone grew to love their family. Now, he is gone. I find myself wondering what it will be like when Jesus returns and gathers us all together. I am hoping that at some point during eternity, I'll get to see my hospice patients in one area so we can chat. There is so much of their story I'd love to hear. I want to see them all well. I want to see them without death hoovering all around them. I want to tell a few thank you. They changed my life much more then I was able to change their death.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The wonderful thing is that we will have time to talk, laugh, share without the hurry of going on to other pressing things.
Love you,
KK