Micah 6:6-8

"But he's already made it plain how to live, what to do, what GOD is looking for in men and women. It's quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor, be compassionate and loyal in your love, And don't take yourself too seriously-take God seriously."







Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The rest of the story.

There was a detail I left out of the Marathon blog so as not to take away from Chris and Emily's accomplishment. Now that it's been a few days and I'm finally feeling less sore, I thought I would share.

Do you know how many times a two year old needs to use the potty during a 26 mile run? A lot. We used porta potties. This involved holding her up with her legs straight out trying to convince her to pee even though, "my butt's not touching anything Mommy."

Every time she needed to pee we were waiting for Chris to turn the corner. He was always so close. On the beach, I picked her up, ran across the walkaway, held her over the potty, ran back to the beach gasping for air. I didn't train for this. We used the country club restroom, the dairy queen restroom, and yet, more porta potties. All in all by the end of the day, she and I were tired. Daddy ran 26 miles. We found all the cool places to pee along the route.

Natalie in the country club restroom and she and I still together after the marathon...



1 comment:

Rachel said...

Your stories crack me up! Love ya~ Rachel