Micah 6:6-8

"But he's already made it plain how to live, what to do, what GOD is looking for in men and women. It's quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor, be compassionate and loyal in your love, And don't take yourself too seriously-take God seriously."







Wednesday, January 16, 2008

here it is



Kari, the lady who cut my hair was awesome. I was not so cool. I was nervous and scared and sad and scared and relieved and scared. But she in her wisdom, knew we could do TWO ponytails. One of which was more then 10 inches. The other was 8, but according to the website, they can use this as well. The bottom one was plus 10 so she cut it first. Then she piled all the rest on top my head and cut. That's about when I freaked. But, you know that feeling when they pierce one of your ears and you realize it really hurts, but you have to get the second one done otherwise you'll look stupid? Ever felt that way? Well that's how it was today. The first one was cut, I had no choice, off with the rest of my hair. I searched for a cut that my wavy, curly, fine, thick hair would do. I finally settled on a picture of Ellen. I really like her hair. The great part about this cut is that Kari showed me three different ways to fix it. We'll see if I can do any of those three tomorrow. :-) Thanks to all of you who called or checked on me today. You all are awesome! So here are the pics of the new, slightly traumatized, glad I did it, ask me about it tomorrow, look.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look awesome-I love it! Once you figure out you can style it and you settle on one that you like I think you'll like the new short look.

Beth

Anonymous said...

you're so beautiful...& inspiring...& sweet...& beautiful. LOVE the new look. love you, Amy V. PS. we got 6" snow last night, sorry you missed it! :) brr.

OutsidersIn said...

Seeing your pics makes me realize that I look more like your after than your before, but thanks for the example. Hopefully I can avoid scissors long enough to donate as well. Congrats!

Heather said...

Very nice. Very inspiring. Someday I might get nudged to do the same thing...but not today:). Talk to you Sunday!

Allison said...

Thanks everyone. It's not as hard to style as I thought it would be...but every time I look in the mirror I jump. :-0 Of course there were days before the hair cut that I did that too.

Luke-you can do it. When you hair reaches that magical length, I'll fly to TN and cut it myself and then we'll party.

megan said...

love you allison.
i'm super proud of you, my friend. :)