Micah 6:6-8

"But he's already made it plain how to live, what to do, what GOD is looking for in men and women. It's quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor, be compassionate and loyal in your love, And don't take yourself too seriously-take God seriously."







Monday, January 28, 2008

Florida Primary

So it is upon us. Tomorrow is the primary here in Florida. I am registered as an Independent. This means that all I can vote for is whether or not to lower my property taxes. However, the question was posed to me,

If you could vote for either a Republican or Democrat tomorrow, who would you vote for and why?

It seems someone wants an inside look into the brain of an independent. I will give all of you a glance.

Well...

I will not vote for Edwards because he is a lawyer. I think lawyers are what is wrong with our society. Collectively, they are probably the Antichrist.

I will not vote for Romney because he is Mormon. Mormons are what is wrong with Utah. Collectively, they could be the Antichrist.

I will not vote for Clinton. Hilary stayed with Bill. We all know he has strong connections to the Antichrist.

I will not vote for Huckabee. I question his sanity. He used to be a pastor. Anyone in ministry will not be stay sane for long. The Antichrist is not a sane person.


I will not vote for Obama. He went to a Muslim school. Muslims hate us. But more than that, the Kennedy's have endorsed him. I'm pretty sure the Kennedy's are the boss of the Antichrist.

I will not vote for McCain. He is too old. He would not survive office. Unless he plans to live a long time, like the Antichrist.

So there.

I'm tempted to vote for Romney just to see what the Dobson's of the country will do. Who will they endorse when there is no candidate they can convince themselves that Jesus would vote for? Would we all actually have to think for ourselves? As Christians will we have to look at more issues then just abortion and homosexuality? Will we have to look at poverty? Will we have to think about the widows?

Hmmm....what exactly would Jesus do?

Probably stop talking and go check on my neighbor. His wife kicked him out this afternoon and his sitting in his driveway.

Imagine, life happening, in the midst of such an amazing election...

4 comments:

Heather said...

that was fan-freakin-tastic!!!! Yet another reason why we're friends.

Anonymous said...

Loved it! LOL!!!

Beth

megan said...

there's my girl...such are the 'dome moments' I miss when you're not here.

love you!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the prayers...
Absolutely love your take on the election by the way. And on a random note, I've gotten Caison into the habit of playing "the list" game you and Chris introduced me to this summer... :)