Micah 6:6-8

"But he's already made it plain how to live, what to do, what GOD is looking for in men and women. It's quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor, be compassionate and loyal in your love, And don't take yourself too seriously-take God seriously."







Saturday, November 17, 2007

almost tomorrow...

All week I've been telling myself just get to Sunday. Sunday we leave from church and hit the road for home. Neither Chris nor I have been with our parents on Thanksgiving in years. This year we have the privilege of spending it with both of our parents. Candy and Frank are driving up to join the family for a couple of days too. We are planning to have about 25-30 people eating together on Thursday. There is no where else I'd rather be. The entire time we lived in Iowa I was always so glad God allowed us to be a part of the Thanksgiving Dinner for the community. Our church held a dinner for anyone who wanted to come. It was wonderful to be a part of that. But, it was also the day I was most homesick. My family all tends to get together for Thanksgiving. They would call and all talk to us, but somehow, that made it worse. I say all that to say I can't wait for this week. We will be with friends we haven't seen in far too long, people we want to talk with, and a little girl to introduce to some of her family. Even the idea of driving up there tomorrow is appealing. Chris and I haven't really had a chance to talk all week. I'm hoping Natalie will nap for a few hours and we can catch up on some conversations. I am so blessed and so grateful. Oddly enough, a little homesick too. Thursday, when we are all gathered around our table I have no doubt my mind will travel to the mid west and I'll wonder how the dinner is going for the community. That will always be home too.
You know, we can dream of mansions and streets of gold all day long...I can't wait to be at the wedding feast with Jesus, finally sitting at the table with Him. I can picture my Iowa friends, Sweden friends, Europe friends, Milligan friends, people I've never met, family, all gathered, at last, eating from the same table. I can only imagine my anticipation for the day can not touch Christ's anticipation. He will be allowed to gather all who love Him to the table. And while there will be people present that I didn't know in this life, He will intimately know us all. Our minds won't wander anywhere. We will be home. Finally. We will be home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey it's Liza! I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving! We will miss you guys here in Jax (your new home :) )

Anonymous said...

HEY - you failed to mention envisioning your Jacksonville crew being around the hypothetical "perfect Thanksgiving table"...sniff sniff!!! Have fun with the fam! (Emily)