Micah 6:6-8

"But he's already made it plain how to live, what to do, what GOD is looking for in men and women. It's quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor, be compassionate and loyal in your love, And don't take yourself too seriously-take God seriously."







Monday, September 17, 2007

This makes my heart happy

When I was little, Monk-Monk went with me everywhere. My family can recall exactly what he looks like. My college roommates mocked him and my Iowa friends said he is scary. And, well, he is old, but he is still my favorite. When my mom was at the hospital having DJ, my grandma and I were performing "surgery" on Monk-Monk. This is one of my first memories. He needed more stuffing, poor monkey was falling apart. This monkey has a special place in my heart. After Natalie was born DJ and Sarah went in search of a monkey for her. They found one and I loved it. But, I decided to let her choose her own favoirte toy. For months now she has played with everything, and not had any particular favorite. That all changed this week. Suddenly Monkey did what Monkeys do and he won out over all the other toys. He now must accompany her around the house. We feed him and kiss him. Most importantly, Monkey is by her side in her crib. For this very moment I am so happy he has won. Natalie does not look a thing like me, but it's nice to know my quirky behavior is somewhere tucked inside her.

No comments: