Micah 6:6-8

"But he's already made it plain how to live, what to do, what GOD is looking for in men and women. It's quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor, be compassionate and loyal in your love, And don't take yourself too seriously-take God seriously."







Friday, September 14, 2007

Life with Chris



I'm sorry it's been a week since I've written. Things here have been quite busy. It's been more difficult then I thought it would be to get used to working again. Natalie is loving day care. She is Miss Independent.

Chris, my do everything in a big way husband, decided it would be fun to go the ER yesterday. Now for those of you who know him, his body is weird. I mean that literally. When he was in high school, he was sent to the ER with chest pains, stomach pains, and his left arm was tingling. He thought he was having a heart attack. A long story later, his family doctor discovered he had strep. Apparently some "rare" individuals show these symptoms to strep rather then having a sore throat. Because of his rarity, I tend to not have much sympathy for him when he is sick. So fast forward to Wednesday of this week, when he comes home complaining of mid to low back pain. He is walking like an old man imitating John Wayne. He was nauseous and had a fever. By yesterday morning he thought he was better. But, by early afternoon, he had a bad headache, along with a backache, and a fever now to 103.1 So, we go to an urgent care since neither of us have bothered to get primary care doctors yet. They are immediately concerned about his kidneys. Now, I'm getting more sympathetic. Kidney stones made my dad cry. I've seen him cry twice. They do some test and the nurse practitioner comes back in the room and says, "I'm sending you to the ER". My stomach sank. My growing sympathy turned to genuine concern. So off we go. Of course, we wait forever in the ER. We sat in the post triage waiting room with half a dozen other people, including one ADHD kid with a head injury from a car wreck. Then they bring in a nice lady in a wheel chair. Right after they parked her, she starts throwing up everywhere. The triage nurse says, "Get some help in here." I jump up. One- I don't deal with throw up well, Two, I'm the only one in the room who does not currently have a broken foot, headache, or ADHD. Surely I can get help. I step out of the room and look at three nurses behind the station and say, "uh, we need some help in there." They all stare at me. Nothing. Finally one says in a very condescending manner, "who needs help?" I didn't have time to be social worky on them and explain that it doesn't matter who they should jump simply at the words help. So I simply said in my best non sarcastic, your going to treat my husband so I'll be nice voice, "There is a lady throwing up and can't stand and the triage lady asked me to get some help." Ahhh, the magic words, they got up and ran in. Log into memory, people run in an ER when the words "triage nurse needs help" are stated. Anyways, now we are in the hallway with our ADHD child. Even more fun. Finally after one and half episodes of Charmed, we get called back. Chris who is still walking like John Wayne just really wants to lay down. He does for a second, then moves to the recliner. Another thirty minutes later, the doctor comes in. He looks at Chris, talks for a while, and is also concerned about his kidneys or gallbladder. He decides to run a few test and look Chris over really well. So he does find something. It doesn't fit with any symptoms and all the test came back normal. My husband, the one with severe back pain and horrible headache. Yeah, he has an ear infection. And, no, his ear does not hurt.

Moral of the story is, if any of you are ever around Chris and he complains that his toe is hurting him. Please start CPR. I'm certain he'll be having a heart attack.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a story-Chris you little freak!

So glad to hear Natalie loves daycare. Of course it breaks my heart at the same time because we miss her so much.

You'll get into the swing of things here soon and it'll become second nature and you'll wonder how you ever went without a job.

I would love to call and talk to you but everytime I want to I realize how late it would be there.

Take care and sure hope P.C.'s ear is feeling all better now. Give Natalie a hug and a kiss from all the crazy people in Iowa who love her dearly.

Anonymous said...

Hey Allison i don't know if you know this. But i also got an email address. its Princess08093@yahoo.com, also when you email i will give you my home number. Thats if you want it. Ok love yea and God Bless. Jamye

megan said...

hilarious. ;)