Micah 6:6-8

"But he's already made it plain how to live, what to do, what GOD is looking for in men and women. It's quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor, be compassionate and loyal in your love, And don't take yourself too seriously-take God seriously."







Monday, March 26, 2007

Some ramblings of a tired woman...

Delta...delta...delta...
let me count the ways
Did it ever occur to you
Not to overbook your flight today?

My husband is a pastor
My daughter is eight months old
Because of your liquid restrictions
I must find a store where formula is sold.

And as we drove to Target
The taxi driver was so nice
He didn't run the meter
He just charged us 16.50 twice.

Don't worry your nice agent told us
You'll fly out tomorrow instead
Visions of Natalie in a hotel
We're dancing inside my head.

Back to the airport on Sunday
You have no seats for this plane
Look nice lady at the counter
I'm about to go insane.

Get me to Omaha now
Get me to Omaha today
This is not a fun game anymore
This is not a fun game to play

Dr. Seuss says to make it fun
We just need to say a rhyme
So thanks for the vouchers delta
we'll fly something else next time.

You can obviously tell we had a long trip home. But the real reason I'm blogging is to update you all on our little adventure last week. We think we've found a house. Well, we know we've found a house that we love, but we have to wait for all the paperwork and such. It was a long, but good week. We looked at dozens of houses, met one fabulous real estate agent, and soaked up sunshine in the city we will soon call home. We are starting to realize the level of culture shock we are about to experience. Traffic lights irritate me more then I can explain. I don't go through any on my way to work right now. Starbucks excites me. But, after signing our money away to the mortgage company, I am quite sure that I can only stand outside Starbucks and try to inhale the caffeine. Interestingly enough, for a big city, people were nicer. There is such a difference in the south. The Midwest is not unfriendly, but they don't go out of their way, telling their two boys on a crowded shuttle to stand up because she is a "lady" and that's what you do, friendly. We are nervous and excited. God is so obviously taking care of the church here. Two weeks ago, Pastor Moses, from Africa called our current church secretary, just to let her know that his congregation is praying for the church here as they look for a new pastor. They are praying in Africa. God is so very in control. And as things wrap up here, I must remind myself of that all the time. God is good. God is God. He knows His plans. It's nice to know that as we experience culture shock, we serve a God who is never shocked, by anything. Not even by my own behavior, at a Delta counter, venting to my poor tired husband. What an awesome God we serve.

2 comments:

megan said...

soooo funny. the poem...maybe not so much your ordeal but I can just imagine you guys. :) I'm terribly sorry that I missed your call and couldn't help you out while stranded in Atlanta!! If I'd only known!!

Did you take pics of the house? I can't wait to see it! oh, allison! We can't wait to visit!!!
love you!

Allison said...

Thanks, we are looking forward to visitors. I'll be e-mailing pictures soon. I love you too!