Micah 6:6-8

"But he's already made it plain how to live, what to do, what GOD is looking for in men and women. It's quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor, be compassionate and loyal in your love, And don't take yourself too seriously-take God seriously."







Saturday, March 03, 2007

Reason 742- to stay here...

Yes, for every reason to move, there is a reason to stay. Our friend Gail, came and dug us out with a bobcat. Men were driving these things all over town yesterday digging everyone out. It didn't matter if they knew you or not, they helped. The farmers are struggling to get to their animals, the animals can't find the hay to eat, gates are covered by snow drifts. And yet, more people, helping. Other farmers who can get to hay are driving tractors long distances to help their neighbor. As Gail finished our driveway he told me he met a new family Thursday night. I asked him where? He said, "at my house, Candy (Gail's wife) brought them home from the gas station. Apparently they were stranded and were able to make it to Villisca. They were asking where the hotel is. Most of you know, there isn't one anywhere close to town. And by that point all the roads were closed. So Gail says, they had four more people plus a dog. Amazing. People just open their homes here and take in strangers. I said that to Gail and he says, well it's always fun to meet new people. So there it is, in my moment of wanting to stay here, the very man who is making me want to stay tells me why we are going. God says to, and well, it's always fun to meet new people.




Reason 743- to leave...
This is snow we got last night. The bobcats are out growling again today...









2 comments:

megan said...

ohhh, honestly? i'm jealous. i don't miss the freezing temps...but everything else has become somewhat nostalgic in my memory. (nostalgic...did I really just say that?!)

Cozy fires; curling up with a blanket...or a boob...(hahaha....that was a typo (OBVIOUSLY) but too funny to delete)...I meant book...or a movie. Everything warm indoors is just so much sweeter when the land is blanketed in white.

Trust me, one day, you'll completely relate.

But, here's to taking the trip down memory lane, out in the Florida sunshine, lounging by a pool, soaking up the sun. Maybe a toddy in my hand...

love you!

Allison said...

Ahh, Megs,
You paint such a pretty picture of cozy indoors. You remind me that I've indeed been here too long. Tonight, with freezing cold temps outside, I sat down and half a pint of ice cream. I'll probably move to FL and drink hot choc. Of course the toddy sounds good too. Give me a some time to by a house and you can join us in the sun. I love you too!