Micah 6:6-8

"But he's already made it plain how to live, what to do, what GOD is looking for in men and women. It's quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor, be compassionate and loyal in your love, And don't take yourself too seriously-take God seriously."







Tuesday, October 03, 2006

one maid a milking

This may be more information then you want to know, but as I am typing this, I am using my breast pump. I'm telling myself that I am not a cow, although at this moment it's how I feel. I'm praying I can keep up with Natalie's increasing hunger and demand for more milk. I'm in awe at my body's creation and somewhat disturbed by it all at the same time. I know that breastmilk is "natural and best" but there is nothing natural about placing my boobs in a cylinder and plugging them into an electrical outlet. And, it is one thing to feed her in my car in a parking lot. It is another thing entirely to plug into a cigarrette lighter and pump milk in a car, in a parking lot. I do not like it Sam I am, I do not like it in a car, I do not like it in a house, I do not like it right now, I do not like feeling like a cow.
But, I'll keep pumping. It is good for her and it is free. She does drink it up like there is no more coming. She's worth it though. She slept through the night again last night. That's two nights in a row. I feel like a new person after two nights of uninterrupted sleep. The fog is slightly lifting off my brain and I'm able to have a more regular thought pattern. Thus, my ramblings this morning. Last week, I was too tired to feel like a cow. Today, I can think it through. Yep, definetly a cow.
Moo

1 comment:

megan said...

allison. this is why I love you. I will laugh about this all day long. :) -m