Micah 6:6-8

"But he's already made it plain how to live, what to do, what GOD is looking for in men and women. It's quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor, be compassionate and loyal in your love, And don't take yourself too seriously-take God seriously."







Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Wonder Pets

Okay for this blog to make any sense, you will probably need to watch the following clip. You should especially listen to the chant at the beginning of this video.



Natalie loves Wonder Pets. I think I've been a good sport with a lot of shows. I'm fine with Dora, Diego, Blues Clues, and almost anything else. But, Wonder Pets for me is torture. I could rattle my list of reasons why, they are not valid. I don't like them because I don't. (I'm now using Natalie's logic).

Anyways, my dear darling daughter has been constipated for over a week. Every few days we go through lots of crying before she finally gives up and poops. I was chatting with my friend Melanie last week and she gave me an idea for a "poop song." A song that will entertain a child while convincing them to stay on the potty and try to poop.

Tonight I became desperate enough to invent such a song. This, people, is what I came up with:

Wonder poop
Wonder poop
We're on our way
To help Natalie
And save the day.
We might be big
And we might go plop
But once we start
We won't stop.
Go wonder poop.

My life is now about singing poop songs. I know this because Natalie laughed, was entertained, and did poop.

As I put her to bed I always sing her song. Tonight, she requested Wonder Poop.

Thanks Mel.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We might be big and we might go plop? Don't quit your day job.
Love,
KK

The Hendersons said...

I hear prunes work, apple juice...anything, anything, but the song.

Unknown said...

Hmm....as we've struggled with this in Olivia since the day she was born, perhaps I'll have to try Wonder Poop.
Although Miralax works pretty well also... :)

Anonymous said...

So glad to help. I must admit your song is more creative than mine. I am going to remember this one for future reference!

Love you guys,
Mel

megan said...

hahaha...love the first comment.
and this is what we have to look forward to, eh??

Heather said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! That's fantastic. I love you so much!

Rachel said...

My nieces and nephews love Wonder pets..especially Jaron, he is 5! He loves singing to it. So it may be stuck with Natalie for a few more years!