Micah 6:6-8

"But he's already made it plain how to live, what to do, what GOD is looking for in men and women. It's quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor, be compassionate and loyal in your love, And don't take yourself too seriously-take God seriously."







Friday, November 28, 2008

Good to be home

After crazy work days, busy church days, and chasing Natalie days, it's good to be at home. Right now, I can hear my mom and Natalie setting the table for breakfast. I love hearing Natalie say, "oh KK, I help. Papaw, I have the blue plate." Yesterday we had so many family over for Thanksgiving we had to eat at the church. 32 people. All of them family. I also had to laugh because Uncle Rob, Aunt Pam and their family ate with us. Ten years ago they would have been welcome there, but they would have been Pastor Rob and Pam. Now, with my marriage to Chris, they are family too.

Time did what it always does and moved much too fast. I could have sat for hours with just a few people, my grandparents, my cousins, their kids, and just catch up. The last time I saw some of the family was last Thanksgiving. I hate that about living away from home. I do love Jacksonville, but I will always miss home. I'll miss random get togethers with friends I grew up with. Most of us left here after high school, but of my close high school friends all have moved back to the local area but me. It's good to be closer though. It's good to see them and pick up where we left off. It's good to meet new babies and realize how much you love your friend's children. It's good to see new homes and familiar faces. It's good for the soul to be home. It's also good for the belly. I'm smelling my Dad's breakfast and it's calling me away from this blog...happy day everyone!

No comments: