Micah 6:6-8

"But he's already made it plain how to live, what to do, what GOD is looking for in men and women. It's quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor, be compassionate and loyal in your love, And don't take yourself too seriously-take God seriously."







Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Swirling thoughts

I'll be working for the next couple of days so if I don't blog tonight, it will be a little bit. There is a lot going on in the Hall house, as usual. Chris and I had a very busy month in April because we were going to foster parenting classes two nights a week. We graduated last week and are still trying to recover from the busyness. Our house is slowly coming back together. We were planning to be a part of the foster to adopt program. It's no secret that both of us really want to adopt a child. Through this program, we would be foster parents, for whatever age we choose. We were thinking infant to five.If a parent's rights are terminated (in Florida and most states this happens within one year) then the foster parents have the option to adopt that child. I really want to do this. We may have lots of kids come through our doors that we don't adopt, but we would love to be the first place that they learn about unconditional love and safety. While my heart is still in this, we decided that we need to wait a while. We need to let Natalie get a bit older. This is tough because I had very much gotten in my head that our second child would be one we adopted from the foster care system. So now we are in limbo about if and when to have a second child, if we can afford the additional maternity insurance, if, if, if. The foster classes certify us for five years so we have some time to make decisions. There is just a lot to think about. Then to throw something else in the mix, I saw an ad for a part time social work job at a dialysis clinic. From the looks of it, this would provide health insurance (which if it is through a job would include maternity), so I applied. I absolutely love my job at hospice and would be very sad to leave, but more stability and benefits are calling. And I could very well love this job too. I heard from the company the day after I applied and I have interview on Friday. I'm telling you all this to ask you to pray. I don't want to leave a job I love only for money. I need to know this is the next step God has for us. I'll know more Friday, but please pray for us between now and then. So there you have it. Some little portions of all that is spinning in my brain right now. Natalie just climbed on my lap making it more difficult to type, so I'll close with a few recent pics. Thanks to Marcia for the idea of the one in the mirror. Have a great week!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love the pictures!! We'll be praying for you!
Sarah and DJ

Anonymous said...

I guess I can tell you that Ryan and I talked a bit about some of these things the other day...so I was prepared for much inside this post. ;) First, let me just tell you, if we already had a little girl natalie's age in the house, we probably wouldn't be doing this either--definitely not full time. You don't know until you're sitting in the classes, hearing real life scenarios just how 'real' it's going to be. There's a reason you went through these classes at this time...and there's a reason you don't have the big picture yet. I can't wait to see what God has in store.
Secondly, I will pray about work. I absolutely, completely understand needing more stability--even if it means leaving the job you love. Again, I feel like our lives/hearts are parallel. I'll call you this weekend...so much to talk about. love you girl.

Heather said...

Your daughter is a little too cute. I think we need to tone that down a bit:).