Micah 6:6-8

"But he's already made it plain how to live, what to do, what GOD is looking for in men and women. It's quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor, be compassionate and loyal in your love, And don't take yourself too seriously-take God seriously."







Saturday, September 20, 2008

Saturday night musings

1. I do not live in Mexico, Greece, or Italy. When I am shopping at the mall I would prefer for vendors to stay where they are and allow me to approach them. If you wave something at me, spray something at me, or holler, "lady", I am not going to buy from you. I am not negotiating with you. I have a two year old to chase.

2. The circus is still fun. Natalie wasn't sure what to make of it at first, but after round one of the flying lady, she was in awe. She clapped to the music and giggled. I was more in awe watching her then anything else.

3. At what age do we start laughing when someone else gets hurt? One of the circus acts included a guy who was great on the trampoline. In the beginning, however, he pretended not to be able to get on the trampoline and pretended to fall and get hurt several times. The first time he ran straight into it and fell, everyone, including me, laughed. Natalie put her hands over her head and said, "oh no!" He acted hurt and she cried. He did it again, more crying. She eventually buried her face in my shoulder and shook every time the crowd laughed. I kept saying, "he's not hurt, he's just playing." She kept saying, "oh no!" Part of me is excited for her to understand such moments, but part of me hopes she will never find someone else's pain funny.

4. Why did I think it was funny?

5. Working at hospice is very, very hard. I LOVE this job, but it is hard.

6. Medicare is implementing a ton of changes for every hospice, nation wide. I'm part of our pilot program for implementing all the changes. Prior to a month ago, I was all for national health insurance because not being able to afford private insurance is why I went back to work. After all of these changes, I'm thinking the government shouldn't come anywhere close to my health care. I still need an answer, but I pray for a day where we can all access the health care we need. You know, when we are hurt or sick and it isn't funny because it's real.

7. I don't like piloting anything. It's hard.

8. Coke Zero rocks. I still try to drink lots of water, but once a day, this has become my favorite.

9. I don't think I'm going to go to anymore health fairs. I learned my bad cholesterol was really good (meaning it's low) and I learned my good cholesterol was really bad (meaning it's also really, really low.) I've already been trying to exercise and eat better, now I have more motivation. Thus, I will not attend another one for a while. I don't need extra motivation. :-)

10. My child is funny. She cracks me up all the time. I think with our next child, I will work the first two years then stay home. She is super fun now.

11. I've taught her too well about shopping. She pulled my debit card out this morning and said, "mommy, this for shopping."

12. I still have the best husband in the world. He listens to my sad hospice stories, but forces me to enjoy the rest of life.

13. Life is good.

14. Sleep is wonderful.

15. I am one of those parents. I used to say I wouldn't let my kid watch much tv. And, she doesn't watch much. But last night, I rented a Diego (Dora's cousin) movie. I charged up our portable DVD player. This morning Chris was long gone at 5 am to train for the marathon. At 7 Natalie wakes up, I bring her to my room, turn on the DVD player and let her watch TWO episodes of Diego in my bed while I sleep.

16. I wake up to her saying "and my Mommy!" I look at the screen. Diego has asked them to find all the sleeping animals in the jungle. She was pointing at me.

17. Did I mention that my kid is funny and I love to sleep?

18. Did I mention that I live in a jungle?

No comments: