Micah 6:6-8

"But he's already made it plain how to live, what to do, what GOD is looking for in men and women. It's quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor, be compassionate and loyal in your love, And don't take yourself too seriously-take God seriously."







Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Psalm 23

"The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want."

My first family today lives in a huge mansion. They are a wonderful family, but knowing them has been a great reminder for me. They may not need anything, but there will always and forever be things in this life that no amount of money can fix.

"He makes me lie down in green pastures,he leads me beside quiet waters,he restores my soul.He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake."

I drive away pondering the long marriage and amazing stories. I drive knowing my next several patients today are not who I originally intended to see. I pray that God will lead me to who He needs me to visit that day. It never ceases to amaze me how He answers that prayer.

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me;your rod and your staff, they comfort me."


I talked to Chris before I walked in her door. One of our church families is losing a son, dad, brother, uncle, a man today. He fell off his truck. They are all at the hospital and there isn't anything they can do. He's on life support. I walk into my patients home mustering energy and a smile while my heart is hurting for this family. My confused, dear, lady who usually can't speak an entire sentence looks at me and smiles. She then recites Psalm 23 to me, in it's entirety. It's her favorite.

"You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows."

I didn't know that today I would need to see her more then she would need to see me. God knew my cup was very empty. I left with a hug and kiss from her, filled to overflowing with God's love.

"Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,"

I keep moving, not because it doesn't hurt. Or because it will get better. Not because of an adolescent mentality that it won't happen to us or our families. No. I keep moving because I know goodness and love are following me. And there are people, dying people who need to have goodness and love walk into their homes much more then they need me.

"and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. "

Forever is a long time to dwell. God's house. A mansion. Built all with things that money could never buy. And filled to overflowing with things that death can never take away.

I keep moving because He keeps leading me, on the path to His house.

8 comments:

Nicole said...

Thank you...for reminding me that my trials in life are so trivial to those who are battling for life. Thank you...for showin me just how selfish my last blog must sound. Thank you...for not judging me because of that last blog. Thank you...for continuing to show me a God who is good ALL the time..in the good times and the bad. And thank you..for being you...the girl I have come to love and trust so much and who has made a huge impact on my life and will forever be my friend.

Sunshinejr said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sunshinejr said...

sometimes we all need that reminder when things are not going are way. When things just seem unfair or when we feel we should be having things are way and not when the Good Lord says. So we at times just need that reminder.

God Bless

The Hendersons said...

The verdict is in. Your spiritual gift is writing.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful. My line of work brings me into people's broken lives as well and the Lord speaks through them and the job itself as much as He speaks to them through me. Again, this is really beautiful.

Mommy of 2 said...

Your blog amazes me! I love all of the bible passages you have mentioned. You are truly an inspiration to me. I would to hear from you again soon. How are things going for all of you?

Janese

Anonymous said...

Hey, Can I print this? It was VERY good. Thanks...

Allison said...

Thanks for the comments, Pam it's fine with me if you print it. We love you all!