Micah 6:6-8

"But he's already made it plain how to live, what to do, what GOD is looking for in men and women. It's quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor, be compassionate and loyal in your love, And don't take yourself too seriously-take God seriously."







Wednesday, June 20, 2007

My new thing!




Just a quick blog. Natalie's new idea is to wear this backpack EVERYWHERE. She greatly protests anytime we need to remove it. She is exerting much more independence these days. I'm not quite sure I was ready for this yet. For those of you who know us, you are obviously as baffled as we are that we would have a stubborn child. :-) I keep trying to be consistent, but I am always wondering which battles are worth fighting. She looks cute holding our cell phones to her ear and saying "ello." But, when she starts dialing China, I have to say no. Then, she screams, arches her back, and dramatically falls down. Amazingly enough, she quickly regains her composure and is off again, to the cabinets, the bathroom, the dog bowl, the list is endless. I'm thankful we have good dogs. This morning, I watched Natalie push our older dog Lexi away from the food dish. Natalie then got a handful of food, walked it to our other dog, Mocha, and gave it to her. Everyone was fine and happy. Lexi ate as Natalie walked away, Natalie got to touch the food and our fat dog Mocha got to eat without getting up. All is well at Natalie's house. I hope all is well at yours. If your reading this in Iowa, we can't wait to see you next week!!! Only one more week, Nate and Leah, till your married. YEAH!!!

5 comments:

Sarah Hall said...

In that middle picture, all I have to say is "Who ya gonna call? Ghostbusters!!!"

megan said...

you need to read marcia's blog because you two are obviously going through the exact same things with your girls. I love it! They'll grow up to be strong, independent thinkers just like their mama's! ;)

someone has a birthday coming up!!

Allison said...

Sarah,
I've sung that several times the last few days...I can't wait to see you all this weekend!

Megs,
I did read Marcia's blog and wow! I think we need to have weekly prayer times, we may not survive till the terrible twos if the ones are killing us. :-)
Allison

Marcia Melton said...

Allison,
Megan told me about your blog being so similar to mine, so I had to come see. I laughed out loud! It's good to know I'm not the only one. ;) We have two cats and the cat food bowl has been a consistant battle. Now she's gotten sly enough that she sees me picking pieces off the floor and putting them back in the bowl - she does the same (like she is being a good helper), but slips a few pieces in her mouth when I'm not looking. And I'm thinking - how can she be this devious already? What am I up against here and what happened to my baby who used to lay like a lump in the middle of my living room floor? Ahhhh - the good old days!

Good luck and I'll be praying for you! :)

Marcia

Anonymous said...

Hey this is Jamye, Look at her with her back pack she look so cute. I hope that you guys had a blessed trip and I will see you on Sunday. Maybe we will try and make it to the softball game. Anyway God bless