Micah 6:6-8

"But he's already made it plain how to live, what to do, what GOD is looking for in men and women. It's quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor, be compassionate and loyal in your love, And don't take yourself too seriously-take God seriously."







Monday, March 03, 2008

A NC miracle...

She weighs in at 1 lb 10 oz and growing. Her mom, Tricia, is on a vent waiting for a lung transplant. You see, Tricia has CF and this transplant will save her life. Baby Gwyneth is their miracle. Her dad has this faith that never ceases to amaze me. He started blogging long before she was born; but the blog has turned into a daily chapter of their lives. Megan showed me the blog and I have been captivated by their story since then. Look when you have a chance. All I ask is that if you look, you pray. This is their life. I find myself thinking and praying for them throughout the day. I've never met them, and, I probably never will on this side of eternity. Nevertheless, their family has stolen my heart. Maybe it's because it is a story of love. Maybe because it's a story of openness and authenticity. Maybe it's because I'm a new mom and I just desperately wish that Tricia could hold Gwyneth. Or, maybe it's because, in Christ, they are a part of my family, and you always, always, love and support your family. I am praying for you all Nate!!!

Here's the blog address:
http://cfhusband.blogspot.com/

Here is a link to a video of Gwyneth after she was born:
http://cfhusband.blogspot.com/2008/02/safe-and-sound.html#links

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know...I'm so with you. I check that blog every day. It's a little strange...feeling so much for people I will likely never meet. What a beautiful, beautiful family.
Not surprised you think and pray for them too...my soul sista.
love to you.

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for them. My newphew was born 3 months early weighed 2 lb 3oz and lost to 1 lb 13 oz. He over came so many things and transfusions-so on. Today he is 26 years old 6'2". Life is a miracle and God has a plan for that beautiful baby and her parents-it might be a rough start but know he is there with you-cradling that sweet little one in his arms. Imagine the angels that circle her daily. She's a blessing and I am sure God has many blessings in store for all of them.

Beth