Micah 6:6-8

"But he's already made it plain how to live, what to do, what GOD is looking for in men and women. It's quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor, be compassionate and loyal in your love, And don't take yourself too seriously-take God seriously."







Friday, April 06, 2007

Standing alone



Here are pictures of Natalie today. She is "cruising" now around all the furniture, down the side of the bathtub, around the beds, and anywhere else she can reach. She appeared to be genuinely surprised earlier this week when she discovered she could stand up without holding on to anything. The picture on the right is of her standing all by herself. This is first picture she has let me take of her standing. She refuses to be still these days. I can't remember the last church service that I sat through. Tonight at the Good Friday service, she dropped her little toy ball. Since we were sitting near the back so I could make an escape, the ball bounced on the wood floor of the sanctuary and rolled all the way to the front. Of course Chris and the Methodist Pastor, Gordon, were both laughing up front while everyone else tried to pay attention. So Natalie and I made an exit. These are the good ol' days. Her shirt in these pictures says, "do you think I was born yesterday?" She is exerting so much independence these days that I think this shirt is appropriate. As Chris' family can tell, she is looking more and more like him. I'm quite sure she gets her stubbornness and inability to be still in church from his as well. :-)

No comments: